ISLAMABAD, June 04, 2013: The newly elected Speaker and the Deputy Speaker of the 10th Balochistan Assembly took oath on Tuesday in the second sitting of the first session. Both the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker were elected unopposed.
The Speaker of the outgoing assembly administered oath to the newly elected Speaker who chaired the rest of the proceedings and administered oath to the Deputy Speaker.
As many 34 members expressed views during the sitting, as they also congratulated the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker.
A new member also took oath. Four points of order consumed seven minutes of the sitting time.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for four hours and 23 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1117 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1000 hours, witnessing the delay of an hour and 17 minutes.
- The Speaker of the outgoing assembly administered the oath to the newly-elected Speaker who chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- A new lawmaker was administered oath.
- As many as 44 members were present at the outset while 25 were there at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 50 members were present at one point of the sitting.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four points of order consumed seven minutes of the sitting time.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan was adjourned on Friday amid lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…