ISLAMABAD, October 1, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan was prorogued after transacting entire business appearing on List of Business of the House on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during last (6th) sitting of the 34th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and one minute.
- The sitting started at 1825 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is still lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Opposition Leader was absent.
- Nineteen lawmakers (30%) were present at the start and 23 (34%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, NP, PML-Q and PML-N were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
- Tabled by the Minister for Education, the House unanimously adopted a resolution urging the government to take actions against substandard beverage companies in the province.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Speaker administered oath of newly elected minority member.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 13 Points of Order consuming 20 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed a resolution and debated an Adjournment Motion regarding blasphemy incident in Sweden, says Free and Fair…