ISLAMABAD, October 1, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan was prorogued after transacting entire business appearing on List of Business of the House on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during last (6th) sitting of the 34th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and one minute.
- The sitting started at 1825 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is still lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Opposition Leader was absent.
- Nineteen lawmakers (30%) were present at the start and 23 (34%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, NP, PML-Q and PML-N were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
- Tabled by the Minister for Education, the House unanimously adopted a resolution urging the government to take actions against substandard beverage companies in the province.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Speaker administered oath of newly elected minority member.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 13 Points of Order consuming 20 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
ISLAMABAD, February 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed on Thursday and was prorogued sine die over lack of quorum, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed the government strategy to avoid the spread of Coronavirus in Pakistan and adopted a resolution…