ISLAMABAD, October 1, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan was prorogued after transacting entire business appearing on List of Business of the House on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during last (6th) sitting of the 34th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and one minute.
- The sitting started at 1825 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is still lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Opposition Leader was absent.
- Nineteen lawmakers (30%) were present at the start and 23 (34%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, NP, PML-Q and PML-N were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
- Tabled by the Minister for Education, the House unanimously adopted a resolution urging the government to take actions against substandard beverage companies in the province.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Speaker administered oath of newly elected minority member.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 13 Points of Order consuming 20 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, December 26, 2019: The Balochistan Assembly’s 18th session was prorogued sine die on Thursday leaving most of its scheduled business unaddressed due to lack…
ISLAMABAD, December 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan left most of the agenda unaddressed due to low attendance and Opposition's protest on Monday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, December 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members’ agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…