ISLAMABAD, July 25, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan transacted entire business appearing on the ‘Orders of the Day’ during first sitting of its 31st session on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The House offered prayers for deceased social worker Abdul Sattar Edhi.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 31 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1637 hours against scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- Twenty-two (34%) lawmakers were present at the start and 32 (50%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of Opposition were absent.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP and MWM were present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Thirteen members applied for leave.
- The Minister for Services and General Administration (S&GAD) introduced the Balochistan Employees Efficiency and Discipline (Amendment) Bill, 2016. The House referred the bill to relevant standing committee for further deliberations.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House deferred four Starred Questions while three were disposed of.
- Sponsored by JUI-F lawmaker, the House admitted an Adjournment Motion for two hours’ discussion in upcoming sitting. Four members spoke on the subject for seven minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on four Points of Order consuming nine minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, April 29, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Thursday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, April 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed five government bills and discussed bomb blast at a hotel in Quetta, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted five resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant ministers, says Free and…