ISLAMABAD, September 8, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan transacted entire business and adopted a resolution regarding issuance of blue passports to lawmakers’ families, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of 27th session:
- The House met for an hour and 17 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1729 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting,
- Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House did not attend the sitting while the Leader of Opposition was present in the sitting.
- As many as 4 (6%) MPAs were present at the outset and 21 (32%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP, HDP, JWP, MMA, PkMAP and BNP-M attended the proceedings.
- One minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Minister for Agriculture introduced the Balochistan University of Agriculture Quetta Act, 2020 in the House that was sent to relevant committee for review.
- The House unanimously adopted a resolution regarding issuance of blue passport to lawmakers’ families.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of 10 starred questions while five questions were deferred. In addition, lawmakers asked seven supplementary questions.
- Home Minister responded to a Calling Attention Notice moved by a PkMAP lawmaker regarding drug dealers openly selling drugs in the province. As many as three members spoke on the issue consuming 11 minutes.
- The House admitted for discussion an adjournment motion moved by MMA lawmaker regarding blasphemy incident in Sweden.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as six lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming 18 minutes.
- The House approved use of Balochistan Assembly building as polling station for Senate by-election.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 11, 2020 (Friday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…