ISLAMABAD, November 14, 2015: Starting 65 minutes behind the scheduled time, the Balochistan Assembly debated an Adjournment Motion (AM) for 88 % (136 minutes) of the sitting time, says Free and Fair Election Network on Saturday.
The House adopted a resolution to ensure maximum benefits to farmers through Prime Minister’s Package announced for them.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 35 minutes
- The sitting started at 1205 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours
- Seventeen (26%) lawmakers were present at the start and 19 (29%) at the end of the sitting
- A maximum of 25 (38%) members attended the sitting
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting
- The Chief Minister was absent
- The Leader of Opposition attended the sitting for 40 minutes
- Parliamentary leaders of JUI-F, ANP, PML-N and PML attended the sitting
- No minority member attended the sitting
- Four members applied for leave
- The House adopted a joint resolution to ensure benefits to farmers through Prime Minister’s Package and fix price of `Sali Rice’ at Rs. 1000 per 40 kg.
- The House passed the Balochistan (Wildlife Protection, Preservation, Conservation and Management) Amendment Bill 2015.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House debated an AM for 88 % (136 minutes) which was about induction at higher posts in Federal departments on fake domiciles under quota of Balochistan.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three Points of Order consumed five minutes of the sitting.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others
- Information on legislators’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public
To download factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and passed two government bills on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted a resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…