ISLAMABAD, December 24, 2015: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan unanimously elected Nawab Sanaullah Zehri as new Leader of the House on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Sanaullah Zehri was elected unopposed as the 22nd Chief Minister of the province.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 88 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1640 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hour.
- 50 (74%) lawmakers were present at the start and 35 (51%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- A maximum of 54 (79%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP, PML-N, NP, PkMAP, MWM, JUI-F and PML attended the sitting.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Lawmaker belonging to PkMAP tabled a confidence resolution in support of the newly elected Chief Minister Sanahullah Zehri that was unanimously adopted by the House. As many as 54 members endorsed the resolution.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House unanimously elected Sanaullah Zehri as its Leader of the House.
- Seven lawmakers spoke on floor of the House following the election of the Chief Minister. These speeches consumed 40 minutes of the proceeding.
- Members spoke on three Points of Order consuming two minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public
To download the factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan referred four bills to the relevant standing committees and deferred a private member’s resolution due to…
ISLAMABAD, March 31, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan deferred question hour due to absence of relevant ministers and also left most of its other…
ISLAMABAD, March 29, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly left 80 percent agenda unaddressed and debated impact of energy crisis on agriculture sector, observes Free and Fair…