Islamabad November 12, 2015: Starting 55 minutes behind the scheduled time, the third sitting of ongoing 22nd session of Balochistan Assembly was adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free and Fair Election Network on Thursday.
Tabled by an ANP lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution regarding immediate release of funds to start construction work on Pak China Economic Corridor. It was also debated for 107 minutes in the House.
The Chair admitted an Adjournment Motion (AM) for discussion which was about induction at higher posts in Federal departments on fake domiciles under quota of Balochistan.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 2 hours and 7 minutes
- The sitting started at 1655 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours
- Twenty (31%) lawmakers were present at the start and 14 (22%) at the end of the sitting
- A maximum of 23 (35%) members attended the sitting
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader were not present
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP, PML-N, PkMAP and PML attended the sitting
- One minority member attended the sitting
- Seven members applied for leave
- Tabled by an ANP lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution regarding immediate release of funds to start construction work on Pak China Economic Corridor. It was debated for 107 minutes in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Chair admitted an Adjournment Motion (AM) for discussion which was about induction at higher posts in Federal departments on fake domiciles under quota of Balochistan.
- All seven questions appearing on the agenda were not taken up by the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three Points of Order consumed 12 minutes of the sitting’s time
- JUI-F lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1852 hours following which the Chair ordered the bells to be rung for five minutes. However, it was found incomplete on counting and sitting had to be adjourned by the Chair.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others
- Information on legislators’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public
To download factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly adopted two resolutions on Friday and consumed 30 percent of its proceedings in points of order,…
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly deferred question hour due to ministerial absence and adopted two resolutions on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and passed two government bills on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…