ISLAMABAD, January 11, 2016: The Balochistan Assembly did not observe question hour on Monday due to non-formulation of new cabinet and consumed 79% of its second sitting’s time on points of order, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and 29 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1648 hours against its scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- 32 (47%) lawmakers were present at the start and 25 (37%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- A maximum of 35 (51%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The seat of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML, PkMAP, MWM and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Seven members applied for leave.
- On behalf of Advisor to Chief Minister on Finance, a PML-N lawmaker presented three audit reports of Auditor General of Pakistan that were referred to the Public Accounts Committee by the House.
- A lawmaker belonging to PML-N presented a Biannually Monitoring Report of National Finance Commission 2014 before the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Question hour was suspended by the House due to non-formulation of new provincial Cabinet.
Order and Institutionalization
- Members spoke on 17 Points of Order consuming seventy minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, December 26, 2019: The Balochistan Assembly’s 18th session was prorogued sine die on Thursday leaving most of its scheduled business unaddressed due to lack…
ISLAMABAD, December 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan left most of the agenda unaddressed due to low attendance and Opposition's protest on Monday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, December 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members’ agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…