ISLAMABAD, January 08, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up all agenda items appearing on ‘Orders of the Day’ on Friday during the first sitting of its 25th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 2 hours and 55 minutes.
- The sitting started at its schedule time of 1600 hours.
- 27 (40%) lawmakers were present at the start and 26 (38%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- A maximum of 35 (51%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The seat of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attending the sitting for 35 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of JUI-F, PML and PkMAP attended the sitting.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Eleven members applied for leave.
- On behalf of Minister Finance, a PML-N lawmaker presented four audit reports of Auditor General of Pakistan for fiscal year 2014-15 before the House that were referred to the Public Accounts Committee. These reports included an audit report of Provincial Zaqat Fund and National Health Department, Audit report of District Zaqat Committee Lasbela, Balochistan, Audit report of District Zaqat Committee Quetta and Audit report of District Zaqat Committee for District Washuk.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Question hour was suspended by the House due to non-formulation of new provincial Cabinet.
Order and Institutionalization
- Members spoke on four Points of Order consuming six minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, December 26, 2019: The Balochistan Assembly’s 18th session was prorogued sine die on Thursday leaving most of its scheduled business unaddressed due to lack…
ISLAMABAD, December 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan left most of the agenda unaddressed due to low attendance and Opposition's protest on Monday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, December 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members’ agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…