ISLAMABAD, February 09, 2016: Starting 20 minutes behind its scheduled time, the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan transacted its entire business appearing on the ‘Order of the Day’ on Tuesday during first sitting of its 26th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and 52 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1620 hours against its scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- 13 (19%) lawmakers were present at the start and 19 (28%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- A maximum of 22 (32%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister was absent.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP and JUI-F attended the sitting.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Fifteen members applied for leave.
- Tabled by ANP lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution condemning terrorist attack on Bacha Khan University, Charsadda on January 20, 2016.
- Tabled by Minister for Health, the House unanimously adopted a joint resolution to condemn the suicide attack in Liaqat Park, Quetta on February 6, 2016.
- The Minister for Services and General Administration (S&GAD) presented the Annual Report of Public Service Commission for year 2014 under Section 9 of the Balochistan Public Service Commission Act 1989 before the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five starred questions appearing on the agenda out of which three were deferred due to absence of relevant minister and two were disposed of due to absence of their movers.
Order and Institutionalization
- Members spoke on seven Points of Order consuming 11 minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
To download this factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed law and order, increase in prices of petroleum products and challenges after drought in…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 19, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan consumed major part of the proceeding in points of order and deferred question hour…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 04, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three private members' resolutions and deferred one-third agenda due to ministerial absence, says…