ISLAMABAD, June 13, 2016: The Punjab Assembly witnessed presentation of the Punjab Finance Bill 2016 and other budget documents on Monday during first sitting of 22nd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for an hour and 56 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1624 hours against the scheduled time 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for 97 minutes,
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- 230 MPAs (32%) were present at outset and 226 (61%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
- Provincial Finance Minister presented the Annual Budget Statement for year 2016-17, the Supplementary Budget Statement for year 2015-2016 and the Punjab Finance Bill 2016. She spoke for 92 minutes on the budgetary proposals.
- The Minister also laid before the House the notifications relating to the amendments in the Second Schedule of the Punjab Sales Tax on Services Act 2012 and the Rules made under the Act.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Opposition parties protested on floor of the House for 57 minutes during the budget speech of the Finance Minister.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
- The copies of the budget speech were available to the concerned.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab did not consider seven resolutions appearing on the agenda and referred one private member’s bill…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab started debate on price control and law and order situation on Monday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab could not start debate on price control and law and order situation due to…