ISLAMABAD, June 7, 2017: Twenty-nine lawmakers participated in the general discussion on provincial annual budget 2017-18 amidst lack of quorum on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of 30thsession:
- The Punjab Assembly met for four hours and two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1143 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting while the Leader of the Opposition was present for 46 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the sitting for two hours and 50 minutes.
- As many as 18 MPAs (4%) were present at the outset and 19 (5%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- JI parliamentary leader attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twenty-nine lawmakers took part in the debate on annual budget 2017-18, which continued for three hours and 50 minutes. However, the presence of lawmakers remained thin throughout the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
77% Lawmakers Remain Inactive during Session ISLAMABAD, March 14, 2020: The Punjab Assembly left 68 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during its 20th session…
ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued sine die on Friday without holding a scheduled discussion on the Orange Line Metro,…