ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2019 The Sindh Assembly on Monday commenced the debate on the provincial budget 2019-20 in the House, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for three hours and 59 minutes however, the proceedings remained suspended for three minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1500 hours against the scheduled time of 1300 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 14 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for an hour and 47 minutes.
- As many as 48 MPAs (29%) were present at the outset and 44 (27%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, TLP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- As many as seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A total of 15 lawmakers (eight from PPPP, four PTI, two MQMP and one from GDA) participated in the budget debate for three hours and 33 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 18, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 28, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Tuesday and adopted a report of the Standing Committee on Information Technology and…
ISLAMABAD, January 28, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab, on Tuesday, left half of the Private Members’ agenda unaddressed due absence of the movers and…
ISLAMABAD, January 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab suspended its regular agenda on Monday to discuss privilege motion of Deputy Speaker against alleged misconduct of…