ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2019 The Sindh Assembly on Monday commenced the debate on the provincial budget 2019-20 in the House, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for three hours and 59 minutes however, the proceedings remained suspended for three minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1500 hours against the scheduled time of 1300 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 14 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for an hour and 47 minutes.
- As many as 48 MPAs (29%) were present at the outset and 44 (27%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, TLP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- As many as seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A total of 15 lawmakers (eight from PPPP, four PTI, two MQMP and one from GDA) participated in the budget debate for three hours and 33 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 18, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly adopted two resolutions on Friday and consumed 30 percent of its proceedings in points of order,…
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2021: The National Council of Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) elected its new chairperson Ms. Mossarat Qadeem on November 29, 2021…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid opposition’s protest on Friday, observes Free and…