ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2015: The Sindh Assembly commenced the debate on the provincial budget 2015-16 amid low attendance on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The sitting started 78 minutes behind the schedule with 25 members (15%) present at the start and 36 (21%) at the time of adjournment. The Chief Minister attended nearly 60% of the sitting, while the Opposition Leader was not present.
Ten lawmakers – five belonging to PPPP, four from PML-N (4) and one PTI member – spoke during the debate that took up nearly 87% of the sitting’s duration.
Following are some key observations of the assembly business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and 48 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1118 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- 25 members (15%) were present at the start and 36 (21%) at the end of the sitting.
- A maximum of 65 members (39%) were present at one point of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for 103 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the remaining proceedings.
- The Chief Minister was present for 98 minutes.
- The Opposition leader was not present.
- The Finance Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, and PTI were present.
- Four non-Muslims members were present.
- No member applied for the leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Ten lawmakers participated in the budget debate for two hours and 26 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Only one point of order was raised during the entire sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the members, observers and the public.
- Information on members’ attendance was also available to the observers and the public.
To download the document, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…
ISLAMABAD, June 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh Passed the Finance Bill, 2020 amid Opposition’s protest and approved 157 Demands for Grants for the…
ISLAMABAD, June 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh concluded the general discussion on the annual budget for the year 2020-21, says Free and Fair Election…