ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2018: The Sindh government presented the first Quarterly Budget Execution Report to the Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of the 37th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and six minutes while the proceedings remained suspended for three minutes due to Azaan.
- The sitting started at 1139 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and two while rest of the proceedings were chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 39 (23%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 41 (25%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM and PTI attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were also present.
- Two members applied for leave.
- The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs presented the Budget Execution Report for the first quarter of the financial year 2017-2018.
- Minister for Parliamentary Affairs introduced the Sindh Institute of Traumatology Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Bill, 2017.
- The Chair informed the House about the assent of the Governor of Sindh on six bills.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five Starred Questions related to the Social Welfare Department for answers during the Question Hour. The lawmakers asked ten supplementary questions as well.
- The House took up three Call Attention Notices (CANs) regarding vacant posts of Primary Teachers in Khairpur, damaged water supply lines in North Nazimabad Karachi and 1894 children reportedly gone missing in 2017.
- Two other CANs on the agenda were not addressed.
- The Chair rejected a Privilege Motion of PTI lawmaker regarding distribution of development funds by Sindh government among MPAs from treasury benches.
- The Chair rejected an Adjournment Motion sponsored by a PML-F lawmaker.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three lawmakers spoke on as many Points of Order consuming eight minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 2, 2021: The Sindh Assembly was adjourned on Tuesday without taking up any agenda item except question hour due to PTI lawmakers' brawl…
ISLAMABAD, March 1, 2021: : The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to the protest of treasury…
ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted one-fourth of its agenda and was adjourned earlier without considering legislative business, observes Free and…