- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, April 30, 2018: The Sindh government presented the third Quarterly Budget Execution Report to the Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 13th (last) sitting of the 39th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1620 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for 50 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 13 minutes.
- As many as 41 (25%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 52 (31%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI attended the sitting.
- As many as five minority lawmakers were also present.
- One lawmaker applied for leave of absence.
- The Provincial Minister for Law presented the Budget Execution Report for the third quarter of the financial year 2017-2018.
- The House passed the Karachi Development Authority (Sindh Amendment) Bill, 2018, the Sindh Development and Maintenance of Infrastructure Cess (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and the Sindh tax and Agricultural Income Tax Ordinance, 2000 (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
- Another bill – the Sindh Institute of Traumatology Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Bill, 2017 – was deferred.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two out of five Call Attention Notices which were regarding lack of drinking water for residents of Kohsar Latifabad in Hyderabad and non-availability of water at canals in Thatta.
- The House took up all four Starred Questions during the Question Hour. The lawmakers asked 22 supplementary questions as well.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2020: The Sindh Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Pakistan Islands Development Authority Ordinance and demanded the federal…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…