ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2020: The Senate consumed major part of its proceedings in debate on the Finance Bill 2020, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the eighth sitting of 299th session:
- The House met for three hours and 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for three hours and seven minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was not present.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 12 lawmakers (11%) were present at the outset and 13 (12%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PkMAP and BNP-M attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- The House adopted a resolution to express sorrow over deaths of two religious scholars including Mufti Naeem and Allama Talib Johri.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eleven lawmakers participated in discussion on federal budget consuming two hours and 56 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four lawmakers spoke on points of order for 14 minutes.
- The government and opposition lawmakers protested for six minutes against each after criticism on their leaderships during speeches.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 24, 2020 (Wednesday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday except question hour due to lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Senate passed four private members' bills and referred 12 bills to the relevant committees after their introduction in the House,…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab passed two government bills and referred six bills to relevant committees after their introduction in the…