ISLAMABAD, June 21, 2019: The Senate consumed major part of its proceedings in debate on the Finance Bill 2019 on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the seventh sitting of 290th session:
- The House met for two hours and 23 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the sitting for an hour and 38 minutes while rest of the proceedings was chaired by a member of panel of Presiding Officers.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 18 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 12 lawmakers (11%) were present at the outset and nine (8%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, JUI-F, PkMAP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- The House adopted three motions under Rule 194 (1) granting extension to Standing Committees on Cabinet Secretariat and Information Technology and Telecommunication for presenting their as many reports.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Six lawmakers – PML-N (2), one each of JI, PPPP, NP and an Independent candidate – participated in discussion on federal budget consuming two hours and nine minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PTI lawmaker spoke on a point of order for one minute.
- The opposition lawmakers protested for two minutes during the proceedings against the absence of ministers during the budget debate.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 24, 2019 (Monday) at 1630 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left most of its agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Punjab Assembly witnessed introduction of five government bills on Friday which were referred to the relevant committees for consideration, observes…
ISLAMABAD, March 4, 2021: The National Assembly proceeded for only five minutes on Thursday and was prorogued without taking up any agenda, observes Free and…