- Assembly Concludes Pre-Budget Discussion
ISLAMABAD, March 16, 2017: The Punjab Assembly concluded Pre-Budget Discussion on Thursday, while its proceedings started with a delay of one hour and 25 minutes, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during ninth sitting of 27th session:
- The Punjab Assembly met for four hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1125 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting except for 41 minutes when a member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the proceedings. The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 13 minutes.
- Fifteen MPAs (4%) were present at the outset and 37 (9%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leader of PML-Z attended the sitting.
- Five minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as seven out of 11 Starred Questions were responded to by the government during Question Hour while remaining four questions were disposed of due to the absence of movers. The lawmakers asked 22 Supplementary Questions, as well.
- Minister for Law made statement on two Calling Attention Notices moved by PML-N and PPPP lawmakers.
- Minister for Law responded to an Adjournment Motion moved by PML-N lawmaker while four Adjournment Motions – three of PTI and one of PML-N lawmakers – were deferred.
- Twenty-one lawmakers participated in the Pre-Budget Discussion that consumed an hour and 53 minutes. Minister for Finance concluded the discussion in 15 minutes.
- The House also took up two Zero Hour Notices. One of the notices was disposed of while the other was referred to relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on six Points of Order consuming five minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Punjab Assembly adopted three resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant minister, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, June 21, 2021: The Punjab Assembly continued debate on provincial annual budget 2021-22 and 60 lawmakers participated in discussion on it, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2021: The Punjab Assembly consumed 90 percent of its proceedings in debate on the provincial budget 2021-22, observes Free and Fair Election…