ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab concluded the general discussion on annual budget for the year 2019-2020, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for three hours and 12 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1638 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and nine minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for 54 minutes while a Member of the Panel of the Chairperson chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House and the Leader of Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- The Finance Minister attended the proceedings for an hour and 27 minutes.
- As many as 60 MPAs (16%) were present at the outset and 120 (32%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the proceedings.
- As many as seven out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House approved a Demand for Grant for education sector by rejecting cut motion on it. . Eight PML-N lawmakers and the Minister for School education and Higher Education spoke on it for 40 and nine minutes respectively.
- Another Demand for Grant related to Health sector was approved by rejecting cut motion on it. Twelve PML-N lawmakers spoke on it for an hour and 24 minutes and Provincial Minister for Health for ten minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Provincial Minister for Finance concluded the general discussion on the budget 2019-20 and spoke for 20 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers raised Points of Order consuming four minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 25, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…