ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2013: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government presented its first annual budget 2013-14 during the first sitting of its second session says Free and Fair Election Network in its daily factsheet based on direct observation.
The Provincial Minister for Finance presented the budget. He addressed the house for an hour and 34 minutes.
The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting as the Speaker presided over the proceedings.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 44 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1449 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours. The proceedings started late by 49 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the parliamentary leaders of JI, QWPS, ANP and APML attended the sitting.
- Seventy three members were present at the outset while 105 were there at the end of the sitting.
- Two members applied for leave.
- The Finance Bill 2013-14 was presented to the House. The Minister for Finance presented the annual budget statement for an hour and 34 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- No Points of Order were raised during the sitting.
- There were no instances of protests and boycotts during the sitting.
- List of Business was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public.
- Copies of the budget speech were available to the legislators.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN Alumni Trust, a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…
ISLAMABAD, September 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday amid opposition’s protest, observes Fee and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 10, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left 90 percent agenda unaddressed on Friday due to protest of lawmakers belonging to…