ISLAMABAD, October 13, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Friday passed one bill and witnessed introduction of five bills, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during sixth sitting of 26th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1515 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 27 lawmakers (22%) were present at the start and 20 (16%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP and ANP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House passed the KP Regularization of Services of Teaching Assistants as Lecturers Bill, 2017.
- Five bills were introduced in the House which included the KP Mineral Sector Governance Bill, 2017; the KP Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2017; the KP Appointment of Employees of Establishment of M & E System in KP Bill, 2017; the KP Capacity Building, Planning and Development Department Employees (Regularization of Services) Bill, 2017 and the KP Employees of Energy and Power Department (Regularization of Services) Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not hold question hour and all 15 questions were deferred till next sitting on request of the concerned Ministry of Education.
- Sponsored by JUI-F lawmaker, the House took up a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding demarcation of land of other district in newly notified District Kolai Pallas Kohistan.
- The House did not consider a CAN and a privilege motion due to absence of its relevant movers.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a point of order for one minute.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…