ISLAMABAD, June 2, 2017: The provincial government presented the Finance Bill, 2017 in the Punjab Assembly on Friday along with the Annual Budget Statement for 2017-18 and the Supplementary Budget Statement for 2016-17 amidst opposition’s protest, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of 30thsession:
- The Punjab Assembly met for two hours and 11 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1612 hours against the scheduled time 1430 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister attend the sitting for two hours.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 273 MPAs (73%) were present at outset and 150 (40%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and PML-Z attended the sitting.
- Eight minority members were present.
- Minister for Finance introduced the Finance Bill, 2017 in the House and also presented the Annual Budget Statement for the year 2017-2018 and the Supplementary Budget Statement for the year 2016-2017.
- The Minister also laid the Notifications relating to the amendments in the Second Schedule of the Punjab Sales Tax on Services Act 2012 and the Rules made under the Act.
Order and Institutionalization
- Entire Opposition protested on floor of the House for an hour and 59 minutes during the speech of the Minister for Finance.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, March 1, 2021: The Punjab Assembly transacted its entire agenda on Monday and discussed matters related to law and order through points of order,…
ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2021: The Punjab Assembly did not transact its regular business on Thursday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting over non-inclusion of a…
ISLAMABAD, February 23, 2021: The Punjab Assembly consumed major part of the proceedings on points of order and did not observe question hour on Tuesday,…