ISLAMABAD, October 8, 2013:The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly adopted a resolution calling for dissolving the Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA) during the second sitting of the sixth session on Tuesday.
Jointly moved by members of PTI, PML-N, and JUI-F, the resolution called upon the provincial government to request the federal government to dissolve ERRA and allocate the funds for the rehabilitation of the 2005 earthquake victims to the provincial government.
Three calling attention notices over delay in promotions in the forest department, funds ceased by secretary, Zakat and Ushr department, and redefining the constituency of PK-98 were taken up.
An adjournment motion by an ANP legislator over the delay in work on power generation in Machai, district Mardan, was discussed for seven minutes.
Lack of quorum was pointed out twice by PPPP and JUI-F legislators as the proceedings were suspended for two minute on both occasions.
The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for three hours and 41 minutes. The House took two prayer breaks consuming 53 minutes of the sitting.
- The proceedings witnessed a delay of 53 minutes and started at 1553 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1500 hours.
- As many as 26 members were present at the outset and 38 were there at the end of the sitting. A maximum of 62 members were present at one point during the sitting.
- Members of PPPP and JUI-F pointed out quorum twice and the proceedings were suspended for two minutes on each occasion.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders ofQWP, PPPP andJUI-F attended the sitting.
- The Chief Minister andthe Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Two members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- There were no questions on the agenda.
- Three calling attention notices moved by legislators of PML-N, JUI-F, and JIP were taken up. The notices were about the no promotions in the forest department of Hazara Division, funds ceased by secretary, Zakat and Ushr department affecting poor families and attaching two areas of PK-98 with tehsil Dargai.
- An ANP legislator tabled an adjournment motion over the delay in work of power generationafter NOChas been granted in Machai, district Mardan. Two members spoke on the motion for seven minutes.
- Members of PTI, PML-N and JUI-F moved a joint resolution proposing the dissolution of Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority and transfer of its funds to provincial government for the rehabilitation of earthquake victims. The resolution was adopted.
- A JUI-F member submitted a privilege motion against the DC Bannu over his misbehavior. Another JUI-F member withdrew his privilege motion as the matter was solved earlier.
Order and Institutionalization
- A legislator spoke on one point of order consuming three minutes of the proceedings.
- PPPP, JUI-F, ANP and PML-N legislators staged a 16-minute walkout over the transfer of district police officer, Mansehra and the opposition members not given the chairmanship of District Development Committees.
- The List of Business (agenda) was available to the legislators, observers andothers.
- Information of members’ attendance was available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…