ISLAMABAD, November 4, 2013: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly, on Monday, adopted a resolution to urge the federal government to stop the US drone Attacks in Pakistan, during the first sitting of the eighth session.
The resolution was tabled by the Information Minister whereof the assembly gave the federal government a deadline till the 20th of November, 2013 to take necessary measures to end the US drone strikes.
The Speaker Chaired the 18-minute sitting – delayed by three hours and 37 minutes. The Chief Minister, the Leader of the Opposition and the parliamentary leaders of JI, QWP, PPPP, ANP, JUI-F and AJIP attended the sitting.
Lawmakers spoke on seven Points Of Order consuming 23 minutes of the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for 18 minutes.
- The proceedings started at 1937 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1600 hours, witnessing a delay of three hours and 37 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- As many as 78 members were present at the outset and a maximum 91 members at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, QWP, PPPP, ANP, JUIF and AJIP were present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Fourteen members applied for leave.
- The Assembly adopted a resolution to urge the federal government to stop the US drone Attacks on a resolution tabled by the Information Minister.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers did not speak on points of order during the sitting.
- The List of Business (agenda) was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information of members’ attendance was available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…