ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2013: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Right to Information Bill, 2013 was introduced in the fifth sitting of fourth session of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assembly on Monday.
The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 22 minutes while the remaining proceedings were chaired by the Deputy Speaker. The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting whereas Leader of Opposition was present for 30 minutes.
All of the 17 starred questions on the agenda were taken up and responded by the representative of the relevant ministry. Additionally, nine supplementary questions were asked.
Two Adjournment motions moved by MPAs of ANP and JI on poor performance of Frontier Education Foundation colleges and sale of unregistered SIMs were taken up by the House.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pukhtunkhwa Assembly met for three hour and 41 minutes. The House took two prayer breaks consuming an hour and nine minutes.
- The sitting started at 1554 hours against the scheduled start time of 1500 hours, witnessing a delay of 54 minutes.
- Twenty-six Members were present at the start and 57 at the end of the sitting. A maximum, 69 Members were present at one point of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the proceedings for one hour and 22 minutes. The Deputy Speaker presided the remaining sitting – an hour and 10 minutes.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting whereas Leader of Opposition was present for 30 minutes.
- Parliamentary Leaders of APML, QWP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Seven Members applied for leave.
- Three Minority Members attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- All of the 17 starred questions on the agenda were taken up and responded by the representative of relevant ministry. The questions were about the Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperation, Finance, Zakat, Ushr, Social Welfare and Women Empowerment, Irrigation and Relief and Rehabilitation and Settlement Department. Additionally, nine supplementary questions were asked.
- The Law Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa tabled the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Right to Information Bill, 2013 in the house. The bill was sent to the relevant standing committee.
- Two Adjournment Motions tabled before the house by Members of ANP and JI were taken up. These were about extra holidays and poor result of Frontier Education Foundation colleges, and sale of SIMs without registration.
- A Calling Attention Notice, moved by a PMLN MPA, about the cessation of the approved road from Hawailian to Abottabad by the Secretary Communications and Construction was taken up. The second CAN on the agenda was withdrawn by the Member.
Order and Institutionalization
- Legislators raised three Points of Orders consuming nine minutes of the proceedings.
- No incidents of protests/walkouts/boycotts were observed.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Legislators’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, December 2, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution and witnessed the introduction of two government bills on Wednesday, observes Free…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…