ISLAMABAD, May 3, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) addressed 94 percent of its scheduled business during sixth session that comprised 20 sittings held between March 15 and May 2, 2019, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its session report.
The overall business including regular and supplementary agenda brought before the House during sixth session comprised 15 government bills, 24 resolutions, 43 Calling Attention Notices (CANs), five Question of Privileges (QoPs) and 11 discussions on issues of public importance. Nearly 71 percent of the House business was included on the List of Business while the remaining 29 percent items was moved as supplementary agenda.
Of 124 lawmakers, 58 (47 percent) including 48 men and 10 women contributed to the proceedings of the House by sponsoring various parliamentary interventions and/or contributing in the debates. The active lawmakers belonged to PTI (30) ANP and MMAP (10 each), PPPP (five) and PML-N (three).
On the other hand, as many as 66 (53 percent) lawmakers including 53 men and 13 women did not participate in the proceedings throughout the session. A majority (55 or 85%) of the non-participating lawmakers belonged to PTI while three belonged to MMAP, three to PML-N, and one each to PML-Q and ANP. Moreover, one of the non-participating lawmakers was an independent member.
To download complete report, click here
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Sindh Assembly deferred 62 percent agenda and adopted two resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…