ISLAMABAD, May 10, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday without addressing its scheduled business due to lack of quorum, says Free and Fair Election Network.
Following are some key observations of 8th sitting of Assembly’s 24th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 28 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1532 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Forty-five lawmakers (36%) were present at the start and 22 (18%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister was not present while the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of JI and ANP were present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up the legislative agenda appearing on the List of Business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of 15 Starred Questions for oral answers. The lawmakers also raised eight Supplementary Questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- Entire Opposition led by ANP lawmaker walked out of the House at 1648 hours over unavailability of the copies of List of Business.
- A PML-N lawmaker pointed out quorum at 1554 hours but it was found complete upon counting.
- A PPPP lawmaker pointed out the quorum again at 1653 hours which led to the adjournment of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted a resolution on Friday amidst protest by the opposition…
ISLAMABAD, February 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Land Acquisition (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Tuesday amidst protest by…
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The government introduced four legislative proposals in the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) on Monday amidst protest by the opposition parties…