ISLAMABAD, February 12, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly was adjourned on Monday without addressing its agenda due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during eleventh sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 31 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1522 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 30 MPAs (24%) were present at outset and 42 (34%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, QWP, ANP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Only two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up legislative business appearing on the List of Business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of 15 starred questions on the agenda. In addition, lawmakers asked two supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PTI lawmaker protested against the provincial government for denying his constituency its share in the gas royalty and also pointed the quorum at 1548 hours which led to the adjournment of sitting at 1553 hours.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, March 01, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three private members’ resolutions and passed a motion to declare the…
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The 15th session of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was prorogued on Monday after transacting most of its agenda, observes…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…