ISLAMABAD, December 15, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Friday adopted a resolution and passed one bill before getting adjourned to meet again after one month, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 44 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1553 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 30 MPAs (24%) were present at outset and 33 (27%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- Tabled by Minister for Law, the House adopted a resolution urging the federal government to merge Federally Administered Tribal Areas with KP.
- The House passed the KP Employees of the Elementary and Secondary Education Department (Appointment and Regularization of Services) Bill, 2017.
- Two bills were also introduced in the House which included the KP Public Service Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and the KP Provincial Buildings (Management Control and Allotment) Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not hold the Question Hour.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices about non-implementation on a report of Standing Committee on Establishment and to start crushing of sugarcane at earliest.
Order and Institutionalization
- Six Points of Order consumed ten minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 9, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and deferred debate on an adjournment motion regarding law and…