ISLAMABAD, February 19, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed three government bills including the KP Protection against Harassment of Women at the workplaces (Amendment) Bill, 2018 on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during 14th sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 24 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1526 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 25 MPAs (19%) were present at outset and 34 (27%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PML-N, QWP, ANP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- As many as two minority lawmakers were present during the sitting.
- The House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Establishment of Information Technology Board (Amendment) Bill, 2018, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2018 and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Protection against Harassment of Women at the workplaces (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
- The government introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Powers of Attorney (Amendment) Bill, 2018, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Specific Relief (Amendment) Bill, 2018, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2018 and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018 in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as two out of 15 Starred Questions were taken up for answers during the proceedings while one question was deferred and 12 were disposed of due to absence of the concerned lawmakers.
- The Minister for Food responded to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding Tobacco Cess payment while a CAN regarding rehabilitation of schools in Lower Dir remained unaddressed due to absence of the concerned lawmaker.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers raised four Points of Order consuming six minutes of the proceedings.
- The opposition lawmakers staged a walkout for nine minutes against the government’s unsatisfactory reply to a starred question.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted one resolution on Friday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday and was adjourned amid lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes…