ISLAMABAD, January 19, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Friday adopted five resolutions and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during ninth sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1518 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 25 MPAs (20%) were present at outset and 30 (24%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PML-N attended the sitting.
- Only one minority lawmaker was present.
- The House adopted five resolution to condemn killing of Naqeebullah Mehsud and rape incident with minor girls in Nowshera and Mardan, enhance female quota in agriculture sector, ensure women access towards modern education and notifying the maternal mortality rate in the province.
- Ten lawmakers expressed their views on these resolutions for 18 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up one out of five Starred Questions for answers. In addition, the lawmakers asked three questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers raised five Points of Order consuming 10 minutes of the proceedings.
- A JUI-F lawmaker protested during the proceedings for five minutes against the provincial government for denying his constituency its share in the gas royalty.
- A PML-N lawmaker protested for two minutes for not considering her question.
- A PTI lawmaker pointed the quorum at 1638 hours which led to the adjournment of sitting after counting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, January 22, 2018.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…