ISLAMABAD, December 6, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted four resolutions and passed one bill during 15th sitting of the ongoing 21st session, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are some key observations of the Assembly proceedings:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1526 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- 36 lawmakers (29%) were present at the start and 30 (24%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of JI and PML-N were present.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Eight members applied for leave.
- The House adopted four resolutions urging the government to resolve the issue of blocked CNICs, facilitate transgender community in voter registration, pay compensation to victims of Gudnai incident and eliminate the entry requirements for foreign delegations in KP.
- The House passed the KP Public Procurement Regularity Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2016 and referred the KP Police Bill 2016 to the Select Committee after its introduction.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up three Calling Attention Notices (CANs) relating to strict duty hours of security guards at educational institutions, non-payment of compensation amount to victims of Peshawar Church blast and utilization of Rs.17 billion from GP and Pension Fund.
- Two out of seven Starred Questions appearing on the agenda were taken up while lawmakers also asked two supplementary questions.
- Submitted by JI lawmaker, the House deferred a Question of Privilege regarding publication of news in a section of press about embezzlement in fund for rehabilitation of earthquake victims. However, the Chair directed to write a letter to the editor of relevant newspaper for clarification.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three Points of Order consumed 16 minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed Billion Tree Afforestation Project and passed a government bill on Tuesday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill and discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route on Monday, says Free and Fair…