ISLAMABAD, May 5, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly witnessed introduction of four government bills and adopted a Private Member’s resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in the Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of 6th sitting of 24th session:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and 41 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1516 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Thirty-one lawmakers (25%) were present at the start and 20 (16%) at the end of sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP, JI and PML-N were present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- The House witnessed the introduction of four bills, including the KP Vaccination (Amendment) Bill, 2017; the KP Mental Health Bill, 2017; the KP Civil Courts (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and the KP Local Government (Third Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Tabled by PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution urging the provincial government to recommend to the federal government that female staff be appointed at NADRA offices in Hazara division and south districts of KP.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The government responded to nine out of 15 Starred Questions. The lawmakers asked five Supplementary Questions.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CANS) regarding retention of Area Director Center at Peshawar University despite court’s order and killing of laborer by a landlord in remote area of Buner district.
Order and Institutionalization
- Six Points of Order consumed 14 minutes of the proceedings.
- A JUI-F lawmaker staged token walkout for three minutes over ministerial absence in the House.
- The female lawmakers of the opposition parties protested for three minutes for not being allowed to move a resolution against PTI lawmaker, who used objectionable language against women the other day. Later, they walked out of the House for 25 minutes.
- A PTI lawmaker protested against denying permission to speak on a Point of Order.
- Orders of the Day was available for the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available for the observers and media.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…