- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, March 01, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three private members’ resolutions and passed a motion to declare the Assembly Hall as a polling station for the upcoming Senate election, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first and last sitting of the 16th session:
- The House met for an hour and 19 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1441 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition were absent.
- A newly elected member of Assembly from PML-N took oath
- Parliamentary leaders of PPP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Three out of four minority members were present.
- Forty five (31%) legislators were present at the start and 60 (41%) at the end of the sitting.
- The House adopted three private members’ resolutions which demanded to issue diplomatic passports to the Speakers of Provincial Assemblies, provide ambulance and other health facilities at Malam Jabba Resort and urge Sindh government to protect the Leader of Opposition in Sindh assembly from torture in Jail.
- Minister for Labor presented the report of the Auditor General of Pakistan on Accounts of Climate Change, Environment and Disaster Management Organizations Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the Audit year 2019-20.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House passed a motion to declare the Assembly Hall as a polling station for the election of Senate on March 3, 2021.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…