ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and witnessed introduction of a government bill on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 7th sitting of the 17th session:
- The House met for three hours and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:07 pm against the scheduled time of 12:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the entire sitting while the deputy speaker was also present
- The leaders of the house (chief minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 50 (34 percent) legislators were present at the start and 70 (48 percent) at the end of the sitting.
- Three out of four minority members were present.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML, PML-N, ANP and MMAP attended the sitting.
- Minister for local government introduced l the Peshawar Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- The house passed three supplementary resolutions demanding to pay compensation to the people affected by rains in province, make airport at Dera Ismail Khan operational and take up issue with the Ministry of maritime affairs to resolve duty related matters of seamen.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A privilege motion of PTI lawmaker was referred to the relevant committee which was regarding misbehavior of Vice Chancellor Engineering University, Mardan with him.
- Another privilege motion sponsored by an ANP lawmaker against Assistant Director local government department was lapsed due to the absence of the mover.
- The chair admitted an adjournment motion for debate which was related to the closure of schools during the third wave of COVID-19. It was sponsored by a PML-N lawmaker.
- The Chair deferred the debate on an adjournment motion regarding quota for students of Balochistan and ex-FATA in medical colleges of Punjab.
- The House took up a calling attention notice (CAN) regarding change in service rules and regulations of Levies officials serving in Malakand Division. Ministers for labor and local government responded to this notice.
- The House took up another CAN related to establishment of special wards in T.H.Q hospital, Takht Bhai and Type-D Hospital in Mardan Distric. The Minister for health responded to this notice which was sponsored by a PML-N lawmaker.
- The House took up eight out of ten starred questions while lawmakers asked six supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, April 26, 2021 at 2:00 pm.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted online by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The National Assembly continued debate on the federal budget 2021-22 and consumed 95 percent of proceedings’ time on it, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan continued debate on the provincial annual budget for the financial year 2021-2022 amid absence of opposition lawmakers,…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Punjab Assembly adopted three resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant minister, observes Free and Fair Election…