ISLAMABAD, April 9, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and deferred debate on an adjournment motion regarding law and order in the province, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 2nd sitting of the 17th session:
- The House met for two hours and 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 10:30 am against the scheduled time of 10:00 am.
- The deputy speaker chaired the entire sitting in the absence of speaker.
- The leader of the house (chief minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The leader of the opposition was also absent.
- The House adopted three supplementary resolutions demanding Sehat Insaf Cards for children suffering from Thalassemia, easy access to Islamabad airport by constructing an interchange on Peshawar-Islamabad motorway and legislation for the adoption of children. These resolutions were sponsored by PPPP and MMAP lawmakers.
- A report of Standing Committee on Higher Education, Archives and Libraries Department was adopted by the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up six out nine starred questions while lawmakers asked two supplementary questions.
- The Chair referred a privilege motion of PTI lawmaker to the relevant committee which was against Tehsil Municipal Officer, Peshawar.
- An adjournment motion regarding law and order in the province was deferred. The motion was sponsored by a PML-N lawmaker.
- The House took up two calling attention notices which were regarding the establishment of observation centers under the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Juvenile System Act, 2018 and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Children Protection and Welfare Act, 2010 and protest of nurses in the province for approval of their service structure.
Order and Institutionalization
- Ten lawmakers spoke on points of order (Pos) for 32 minutes. These POs were related to COVID-19 vaccination, non-provision of copies of list of business to the lawmakers and governance issues.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on April 12 (Monday), 2021 at 2:00 pm.
- ’List of Business’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted online by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, May 17, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday condemning Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine, says Free and Fair…
Calls for a broader public debate and political discourse on the meaningful electoral reforms to enhance representation and inclusivity ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2021: The Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…