ISLAMABAD, September 4, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed three supplementary resolutions and introduced two government bills on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 4th sitting of the 13th session:
- The House met for two hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1055 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Forty (28%) legislators were present at the start and 50 (34%) at the end of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Three minority members were present in the sitting.
- Minister for Law Introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Antiquities (Amendment) Bill, 2020 and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Forensic Science Agency Bill, 2020 in the House.
- The House adopted three supplementary resolutions. One resolution was related to the condemnation of published caricatures of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) in a French magazine while the other two resolutions were related to introducing reforms in the KP prisons for the advancement of health and to celebrate 4th September as a Hijab day, respectively.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up four out of eight starred questions. In addition, lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- The House took up two Call Attention Notices regarding non-inclusion of Zone-2 in the publication of vacancies by the Environment & Forest department and the shortage of staff in different universities of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The Chair referred a Privilege Motion of a PTI lawmaker against DEO Bannu to the relevant committee.
- Three lawmakers expressed their views on non-availability of funds for the ongoing developmental schemes consuming 20 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 7, 2020 (Monday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…