ISLAMABAD, October 16, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Monday adopted two resolutions and took up the entire agenda on Orders of the Day, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during seventh sitting of 26th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1520 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and seven minutes.
- As many as 32 lawmakers (26%) were present at the start and 28 (23%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PML-N, QWP, ANP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House adopted two resolutions to provide suitable facilities to the women prisoners and provide electricity to people of Mastooj from Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO).
- Minister for Law presented the report on the Observance and Implementation of Principles of Policy in relation to the affairs of the KP Province for the year 2015.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as nine out of 15 Starred Questions were taken up for answers during the proceedings while five were lapsed due to absence of movers and one was withdrawn by the mover. In addition, the lawmakers also asked two supplementary questions.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) regarding construction of road in Javed Abad area of Peshawar and unnecessary speed breakers on roads.
- The House referred a Privilege Motion submitted by a JUI-F lawmaker to the relevant committee..
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as two lawmakers spoke on as many Points of Order consuming four minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…