ISLAMABAD, June 28, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 44 Supplementary Demands for Grants for the financial year 2018-19 amid walk out by the opposition on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during eighth sitting of the seventh session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 38 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1122 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for an hour and eight minutes.
- Fifty-nine legislators (48%) were present at the outset and 50 (40%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of MMAP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness.
- Three lawmakers participated in debate on the Supplementary Budget for 58 minutes.
- The House approved 44 supplementary Demand for Grants for the financial year 2018-19 related to different departments and rejected all cut motions on them.
- The Provincial Minister for Finance tabled the Authenticated Schedule of authorized expenditures for the year 2018-2019 under Article 123 of the Constitution.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as two lawmakers raised points of order consuming five minutes of the proceedings.
- The entire opposition staged a walk out at 1230 hours when the Provincial Minister for Law asked its lawmakers to withdraw their cut motions. They did not return to the House till the adjournment of the House.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on July 5, 2019 (Friday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…