ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2021: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 55 supplementary demands for grants for the financial year 2020-21, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 10th sitting of the 19th session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:40 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting, while the deputy speaker was also present.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Sixty-five legislators (45 percent) were present at the outset and 50 (34 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of MMAP, ANP and PML-N attended the proceedings.
- Three out of four minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House approved 55 supplementary demands for grants for the financial year 2020-21 related to different public departments, while the opposition lawmakers withdrew their all 596 cut motions.
- The provincial minister for finance tabled the authenticated schedule of authorized expenditures for the year 2020-2021 under Article 123 of the Constitution.
- Tabled by an ANP lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution demanding to hand over Himalaya House, Nathia Gali to Civil Secretariat Peshawar again.
- Another resolution on the agenda was deferred on the request of Minister for Labor and Culture.
Order and Institutionalization
- The female lawmakers walked out from the House for 15 minutes against remarks of an ANP lawmaker about one of their colleagues.
- The House was adjourned for an indefinite period.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…