ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) approved four demands for grants related to various public departments, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 6th sitting of the 19th session:
- The Assembly met for two hours and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:15 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was also present
- The leader of the House (Chief Minister) attend the sitting for an hour.
- The leader of the opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Sixty-one legislators (42 percent) were present at the outset and 80 (55 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP, PML-N, BAP, PPP and PML-Q attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House approved four demand for grants related to various public departments, while all cut motions on these demands were withdrawn by the relevant movers.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 01:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…