ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly session was prorogued after the House approved 43 Supplementary Demands for Grants on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during 8th sitting of 25th session:
- The KP Assembly met for two hour and nine minutes.
- The sitting started at 1418 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- 38 lawmakers (31%) were present at the start and 35 (28%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for an hour and 59 minutes while the Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- The Finance Minister remained present during the entire proceedings.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP, JI and ANP attended the sitting.
- One minority member was present.
- The House passed the KP Private Schools Regularity Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- The House approved 43 Supplementary Demands for Grants for financial year 2016-17 and rejected all cut motions on it. Ten Supplementary Demands for Grants were approved by the House in the previous sitting.
- Minister for Finance presented the Authenticated Schedule of authorized expenditures for the year 2016-17.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The 15th session of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was prorogued on Monday after transacting most of its agenda, observes…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda and passed three government bills, observes Free and Fair…