ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 50 Supplementary Demands for Grants for financial year 2015-16 on Friday during 8th (last) sitting of its 19th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 42 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1410 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- 33 lawmakers (27%) were present at the start and 68 (55%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was present.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- The Finance Minister remained present during the entire proceedings.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP, JI and ANP attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- Eight members applied for leave.
- A resolution to bring members’ remuneration at par with Balochistan Assembly was adopted by the House.
- Minister for Finance presented the Authenticated Schedule of authorized expenditures before the House for the year 2015-2016.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House approved 50 Supplementary Demands for Grants for financial year 2015-16. Chief Minister spoke about it for 16 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
ISLAMABAD, March 3, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left 90 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during 11th session comprising six sittings…