ISLAMABAD, June 15, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 10 Supplementary Demands for Grants for financial year 2016-17 on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during 7th sitting of 25th session:
- The KP Assembly met for three hour and 19 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1430 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- 38 lawmakers (31%) were present at the start and 48 (39%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for two hours and 49 minutes while the Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- The Finance Minister remained present during the entire proceedings.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, JI and ANP attended the sitting.
- One minority member was present.
- Eight members applied for leave.
- The House adopted a resolution to appoint female Professor as head of Girls Khyber Medical College and make amendments in rules for this purpose if necessary.
- The House approved 10 Supplementary Demands for Grants for financial year 2016-17. The remaining 43 Supplementary Demands for Grants would be taken up in the next sitting tomorrow.
- Minister for Finance presented the Audit Reports of the Auditor General of Pakistan on Accounts of Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the Year, 2014-15 which were referred to the Public Accounts Committee.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House could not hold general discussion on Supplementary Budget for the Financial Year 2016-17 due to absence of relevant lawmakers who submitted their names for debate on it.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader spoke about the Provincial Budget for 80 minutes and 15 minutes respectively.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The 15th session of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was prorogued on Monday after transacting most of its agenda, observes…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda and passed three government bills, observes Free and Fair…