ISLAMABAD, July 3, 2013: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly’s budget session was prorogued on Wednesday as the last and the 13th sitting met for 50 minutes.
The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting while the parliamentary leaders of JUIF and ANP were present.
The house took up one of seven starred questions on the agenda. Additionally, MPAs asked two supplementary questions. Questions submitted by two members on leave were not taken up but the relevant ministries provided written answers.
Two calling attention notices – both moved by JUIF members – were taken up by the house. These were regarding incidents of dacoities after 9 pm on the road connecting districts Buner and Mardan through Mian Sangao, and a public proposal for the government to build a madrassa in Gulshan Rehman Colony in Kohat to be run by the local residents.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for 50 minutes during the sitting.
- The proceedings started at 1639 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1600 hours, witnessing a delay of 39 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the while the Speaker was absent.
- As many as 34 members were present at the outset while 50 were there at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 54 members were present at one point during the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP and JUIF attended the sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- A representative of the concerned Ministry was present for the Question Hour.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- One of seven starred questions on the agenda was taken up. Additionally, MPAs asked two supplementary questions.
- The house took up two calling attention notices about reported incidents of dacoities after 9 pm on the road connecting districts Buner and Mardan through Mian Sangao, and a public proposal for the government to build a madrassa in Gulshan Rehman Colony in Kohat to be run by the local residents. The motions were independently moved by a male and a female JUIF lawmaker respectively.
Order and Institutionalization
- Five points of order consumed eight minutes of the sitting time.
- No instance of protest/walkout took place during the proceedings.
- The List of Business (agenda) was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information of members’ attendance was available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…