House Approves Four Demands for Grants
ISLAMABAD, June 13, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly concluded debate on the Provincial Budget 2017-18 and approved four Demands for Grants, reports Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during 5th sitting of 25th session:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and 53 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1408 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Forty-one lawmakers (33%) were present at the start and 68 (55%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- The Finance Minister remained present during the proceedings.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP, JI, PPPP and ANP attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- The House approved four out of 59 Demands for Grants of various government departments.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Finance Minister concluded the debate on Provincial Budget 2017-18 during his 40-minute speech.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda and passed three government bills, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Tuesday and witnessed introduction of two government bills,…