ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly concluded general discussion on the Provincial Annual Budget for financial year 2019-20 on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fourth sitting of the seventh session:
- The Assembly met for five hours and five minutes while the proceedings remained suspended for 20 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1500 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for three hours
- Fifty-nine legislators (48%) were present at the outset and 26 (21%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP, PPPP, PML-N and ANP attended the proceedings.
- All the three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness.
- Minister for Finance winded up the discussion on the Provincial Annual Financial Budget 2018- 2019 and spoke on it for 25 minutes. As many as 24 lawmakers – PTI (nine), ANP (eight), PML-N (three) and PPPP & ANP (two each) – participated in the discussion thsat continued for four hours and ten minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker raised a Point of Order consuming one minute of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 25 (Tuesday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Punjab Assembly consumed major part of the proceeding in points of order and deferred question hour due to…