- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, August 30, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Thursday adopted a resolution to condemn a blasphemous cartoon contest in Netherlands, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during first and last sitting of the 2nd session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour.
- The sitting started at 1120 hours against the scheduled time 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 48 MPAs (39% of the total membership) were present at outset and 51 (41%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PML-N, PPP and ANP attended the sitting.
- Three minority lawmaker were present.
- The House adopted a resolution to condemn a blasphemous cartoon contest in Netherlands.
- Another resolution adopted by the House demanded end of unannounced load shedding and repair of transmission lines in the province.
- The House passed another resolution to allow the use of Provincial Assembly Hall for polling on September 4, 2018 for the election of President of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda and passed three government bills, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Tuesday and witnessed introduction of two government bills,…
ISLAMABAD, January11, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and adopted three supplementary resolutions, observes Free and…