ISLAMABAD, March 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn terror attacks at mosques in New Zealand, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the sixth session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and 26 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1429 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House was absent.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 44 MPAs (35%) were present at the outset while 40 (32%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PML-Q, ANP, PPPP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by a PTI lawmaker, the House adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn terror attack at mosques in New Zealand that left more than 40 people dead and injuries to several others.
- The House adopted another supplementary resolution against Indian government’s decision to ban Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) in Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK). It was moved by an MMAP lawmaker.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eight lawmakers participated in debate regarding gas and electricity load shedding in the province and overall increase in its tariff. They spoke on it for an hour and 45 minutes.
- The Minister for Law responded to two Call Attention Notices (CANs) about giving possession of plots to the families of deceased government employees in a government housing society and employ local people in Gorcane Mutaltan Power Project.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 18, 2019 at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers is not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 24, 2020: The Senate deferred 42 percent of its regular agenda on Friday and discussed a report of the Standing Committee on Rules…
ISLAMABAD, January 24, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab, on Friday, continued discussing the issues concerning Indian atrocities in Kashmir, inflation and security situation in the…
ISLAMABAD, January 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab discussed the issues concerning Indian atrocities in Kashmir, inflation and security situation in the country, observes…